A dripping tap can be noisy and waste thousands of litres of water every month if left unserviced. A badly leaking hot tap can add undue strain on the Hot Water System causing the gas or electrical components to be unnecessarily functioning.
To fix a dripping tap requires more than just replacing a washer. The tap’s seat will require reseating and all parts to the tap spindle’s replaced. The steps that Peake Plumbing will take to when attending to a dripping tap are:
- Remove tap handle and flange;
- Loosen spindle;
- Replace rubber o-rings;
- Grind away muck from tap body;
- Replace fibre washer;
- Replace jumper valve washer;
- Use re-seating tool to make seat smooth and shiny;
- Flush out any debris;
- Put back together and test.